Thursday 19 February 2009

Three Interesting Articles on Why Mormon Theology and "Intelligent Design" Don't Go Together...

I found these the other day when I was wandering around the Internet and checking out a few sites.

I thought they were all interesting and thought-provoking.  Not that I think any readers of this blog actually support the idea of Intelligent Design, but you never know and there's a lot of chatter out there about Evolution because of the 200th anniversary of Darwin's birth and the 150th anniversary of publishing of his work On the Origin of Species this year.

Young Darwin 


Old Darwin


I found these interesting because I find being informed, having my understanding broadened and assumptions challenged to always be good things.  When we're too certain in what we think we actually shut down our capacity to learn - after all, if we already think we know everything there is to know, why would be out there looking for more light and knowledge?  But god Mormons should ALWAYS be looking for more light and knowledge!  

So here you go!

Two from the same author at a Mormon site I visit.  This site (Mormon Organon) has some great articles and is very thought-provoking in all the right ways.
An article from the Salt Lake Tribune:

1 comment:

Lynne said...

Very interesting thought from Fairbanks on the church teaching why but not how. Definitely something to think about; good articles.

Hmmm...