Monday 4 August 2008

More photos from the Black Sea

A few more photos of places, then I'll put up a few photos of Suphi's family.  But I like these photos.

First - the local minaret.

Another view of the hills down to the sea from he house.

Three photos of the sea.  These are all from the same place.  One day, Suphi, me and one of his cousins went to a place he loved as a kid.  It's a big pile of rocks for jumping into the sea.  The Black Sea is warm and not very salty.  It's very clear and beautiful.  We looked for clams, but didn't find too many.  We sat on the rocks and had cheese, bread and cherry juice.  It was great!




That's it for now.  More later!

1 comment:

Lynne said...

I just caught up with your latest posts. Wow. You have really got an amazing collection of pictures from your travels. Personally, I think I like this latest collection the most because it does such a good job capturing the basic lives of the people you are spending time with. Very, very cool! I love the simplicity there - and it's beautiful as an added bonus!! Truly great pictures & I'm looking forward to more. (Jen, Freddy & Bridget are here with us now until Sat. We love having them here - it's great! Some time we should get you, Tony & Jen together at the same time. I think you'd have a lot of fun!)