Tuesday 12 August 2008

Some Favorite Photos up to This Point....

These are some of my favorite photos from my trip so far that I think haven't made it into the blog.  I'll let them speak for themselves.  

Rose Window in Notre Dame, Paris

Aya Sofya, Istanbul

Harbor and Castle in Bodrum (this is cheating because it is from last October, but I'll be there in a few days, so it's eligible for inclusion....)

Musee du Moyen Age (Musee Cluny), Paris

Petite Trianon, Versailles

The Louvre, Paris

Gandharan sculpture from Indo-Greek kingdom in Bactria.  This is one of my favorite pieces in the world.  It's in the Musee Guimet, Paris 

The Louvre, Paris

Bees in lavender, Bordeaux, France

Bordeaux, France

Bees in the field, Bordeaux, France

St. Emilion, France

Musee du Cluny, Paris

Harlaxton, UK

Harlaxton, UK

Cast of Column of Trajan in V&A Museum, London

Graveyard in Bordeaux

Back entrance to Carthusian church, Bordeaux


2 comments:

Lynne said...

once again, fabulous photos - you should really put together some sort of collection book onblurb or something...

piano35 said...

Mark - the same as Lynne, I'm just now catching up on your August posts - what incredible pictures! I love the scarves the women wear in their hair, and I love all of those gorgeous shots from the area where Suphi's family lives - that is amazing that you were able to spend time a non-urban section of that country - the food, the past-times (I loved the pine resin gum!) - excellent reading here! thank you for the post!

:-)