Sunday 4 May 2008

Tapestries in the Musee de la Moyen Age

There is an amazing collection of tapestries at the Cluny Museum.  I've pasted a few examples below.  The most amazing and famous is a series called "The Lady and the Unicorn".  The pictures below that are primarily red (the second, third and fifth) are all from this series. 







Tomorrow we're doing some shopping and going a restaurant in the Marais district that a friend recommended.  Then it's back to the UK for me and back to Seattle for Spencer and Aimee.

2 comments:

Lynne said...

Wow. I didn't log in to my computer for a few days and I missed all your recent posts. The pictures are fabulous and it looks like you've had a great visit with Spencer and Aimee as well. Looking forward to the next round...:-)

piano35 said...

amazing pictures, mark! I would LOVE to see the gardens and fountains at Versailles - that was so cool to see those pics and know that you were there. Great postings and pictures. Looks like you guys are doing so many things! What has been the best pastery so far?