Thursday 1 May 2008

Here are a few pictures from our first full day here.  It rained for the first part of the day - Spencer and I got rather wet on our first foray out for Pain au Chocolate!  But it was worth it.  And we made a goal of trying a different patisserie every day!


We went to the Musee d'Orsay this first day.  So very cool.  It's an old train station that was coverted into an amazing museum for art from the Impressionist, post-Impressionist and whatever came before the Impressionist period.  Really great.  Here are some photos of the art we saw.  I wish I could tell you painted all of these, but I didn't take a pencil and so I couldn't write anything down.  But I hope you enjoy them!


   

  

This is the view toward Montmartre and Sacre Coeur from the top floor of the Musee d'Orsay.  The sun came out while we were in the museum and the views were really cool!  And the Rodin sculptures in the main court of the museum looked really amazing with the sun streaming through.

3 comments:

piano35 said...

Amazing! Wonderful! Fabulous! I'm so glad you guys are taking that trip - keep posting pictures - it's really fun to see.

If everything goes right, I might be able to take a trip this summer too....things are looking good for the 30 minute drive north to Everett, Washington. I hear it's really nice...I mean, it's no Paris, but we can't all have Paris... :-) I think there's a bakery up there....they sell Hostess Twinkies and DingDongs..... I'm going to try a different variety each day...Hey! Eat an extra pain au chocolat for me, ok??

:-)

Bring me back a scarf or some other cool accessory. (Please....I beg you...this is the closest I will get to France for quite some time)

piano35 said...

come on - you need to write more and post more pics - it's already been 24 hours since the last one! I want a daily updates! :-)

Hope you're having a fantastic time!!

Love,
me

Theresa and Doug said...

Hey guys! I am wishing that I could be there with you. Theresa and I did the audio tour when we went to the Orsay so long ago. It was probably the museum highlight for me of the whole trip. Please go see if our little crepe man is still in his booth on Rue Cler. Remember also to get a warm baguette and spread Nutella on it. Also warm baguette with ham and swiss (jambon & gruyere). Have a great time. We are looking forward to your next posting.