Tuesday 1 April 2008

ARRIVAL IN THE UK

Well, I've been in the UK for a week now.  While it's hard to believe that I've been here for a week already it also seems like I've been here for a long time.  Chalk that up to Paul and Kelly who basically have told me just to come and go as I like.  They are superb friends.  


I have to say that I always enjoy Virgin Atlantic.  They had 59 movies to choose from!  I only managed to watch a few, but I have a great list of films I want to see now.  I did manage to see a great Japanese anime called Paprika.  Definitely recommend it - but it's not a cartoon for kids.  I watched a great Bollywood film, but I can't remember the name.  But my favorite Bollywood film so far is Devdas - I really enjoyed that!


I tried Beowulf.  BORING movie, but good story.

Anyway, Virgin also gives a nice little amenity pack with socks, sleeping mask, toothpaste and tooth brush.  It's nice that even those of us in Economy get a little bit of love.


I took the Heathrow Express into London from Heathrow.  Want to hear another good reason to fly Virgin?  In short - it doesn't fly into Terminal 5 at Heathrow which means it's avoided the travel disaster there!  Anyway, after a quick Heathrow Express trip into London and a short-ish Tube ride to Liverpool Street station and another long-ish train trip out to Norwich, here I am!


I'll upload a few pictures later today.




No comments: