Thursday 10 April 2008

Looking Back to 2007 - London

Well, I'm in London now.  I arrived today from Norfolk!  Kelly and I took the train down - she's on her way to Wales to deliver a training seminar, Paul's off somewhere in the UK doing something similar, and I'm here enjoying myself!

Tomorrow Kate and I are going to see a fantastic exhibit of Russian Art at the Royal Academy.  It's called From Russia.  Here's one of the paintings we'll see.

I won't really have time to take too many pictures of London this trip around until early next week, so I thought I'd post a few from my trip last year.  These are from a Thames riverboat cruise from the Houses of Parliament to Hampton Court Palace.  The trip is great - I highly recommend it.  But it got SO COLD, so if you ever do this trip take a coat! Anyway, here they are for what they're worth!

Here are the Houses of Parliament from the Thames

(the building isn't really about to fall over - it's just me, the boat and the tide!)

Here are a few views of the river bank along the way


People who like movies of Shakespeare's plays with a certain high-powered English actor will recognize this location! 

Here are a few of Hampton Court Palace - this was the English equivalent to Versailles.  (Versailles is a little more impressive but this is still cool.  Henry VIII and many of his wives lived here!)

This is the Renaissance portion by Thomas Wren from the river.


The Tudor portion of the palace from the formal gardens


The Tudor Gatehouse

I guess that's about it.  I'll hopefully do a little wandering around on Tuesday and snap a few more photos.  Until then I'm be primarily hanging out with Kate, Ash and their kids.  Tomorrow is Shabbat dinner with Kate's parents, Saturday and Sunday I think we'll relax a bit, and then Monday we are going to try to do something fun since the kids are off for some sort of school holiday!

Bye for now!

1 comment:

Lynne said...

Beautiful pictures.