Friday 11 April 2008

London April 2008

Well, I actually made it into London and took a few photos today.  It was sunny part of the time, and then it actually rained/sleeted/snowed at one point.  So if the skies seem like they change from photo to photo all I can say is that they actually did!

This is the Royal Academy where I saw the From Russia exhibit.  

I also zipped (nipped, as they say in the UK) over to the National Portrait Gallery for an exhibit of Photographs from Vanity Fair.  That was fantastic.  This is a photo of Jean Harlow (screen goddess back in the day....)

This is part of the roof of St James Palace in central London.  I liked the gold weather vane and the chimneys.

This is looking down Pall Mall toward Buckingham Palace.  The London Marathon is tomorrow which is why (I think) they have all the British flags flying.  Why Tony isn't here to run the London Marathon I really don't know.....perhaps next year??????

Buckingham Palace from St James Park

I don't know what this is exactly!  It's taken from the lake in St James Park, and it's cool, and it has to be some government building.....but I have no idea which one!

This is a close-up of one of the towers of Westminster Cathedral.  It's followed by a view of the two towers of the cathedral.  


This is Big Ben with the London Eye (massive Ferris Wheel) in the background.  The London Eye moves very slowly around the entire circle and you supposedly have fantastic views.  The lines are always so long that I can't bring myself to wait!  One of these days, maybe.....


That's it!  More on Tuesday when I will head in other directions during the day.

Ciao!

2 comments:

Lynne said...

Great pictures -- maybe Tony can run there next year when he visits you. :-)

Aimee Oliver said...

Hey, Mark! just wanted to tell you that we are loving your blog and pictures. You've got to find out what that building is by the lake. It looked really cool! Spence and I can't wait to explore Paris with you! Thanks for sharing!
Aimee