Thursday 23 October 2008

Catching Up!

So.....the first of a few catching-up entries!

I've been here for about one week.  I've managed to go the Chatuchak Outdoor Market twice, wander around the city a bit, meet a friend of my friend Andy for a chat and dinner, and get a LOT of walking in!

Today I took the ferry up the river to a major temple complex.  I'll have pictures from that part of the trip in a different blog entry, but here are a few photos from the river.  Actually, the first is OF the river, but I thought this was interesting - no sides in the middle!  So don't fall into the river! 







OK.  This was just to get a few things out of the way.  I'm going to post three picture blogs now - one of Buddhas I've seen so far (statues, not actual Buddhas), wall paintings, and Temples.  Hope you enjoy them!

1 comment:

Lynne said...

Fascinating pictures - some places look really progressive while that one pictures seems to show what looks like the lower-average citizen's housing? Very interesting; the dynamic.